Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 4 - Rinjani (Lombok)

During the night, I could hear the strong howling wind and the rumbling of the volcano.
Woke at 4.30am to get ready to climb to the rim of the crater again before sunrise.
.
.
.
Pre-dawn.
I could see the molten lava and hear the rumbling of the volcano.
.
.
.
Mt Rinjani
.
.
.
Turquoise Lake
.
Unfortunately, I did not have the opportunity to swim in the lake.
It would have been an awesome experience.
.
.
.
Simply magnificient
.
.
. =)
.
.
.
Clockwise from Top lefthand Corner:
Jon, Mich, Mel, SR, SM, Chandra, Boon, PY
Unfortunately, YP was not feeling well to join us in the morning.
.
.
.
Group Photo @ the rim of Crater (2600m)
.
.
.
Our campsite
.
.
.
I had to do my regular morning "business".
It was really hard to find a flat and grassless spot.
The trick is to flatten the grass & bushes with your leg.
It was by sheer luck that I found a spot that I could smell the fragrance of the flowers.
The smell was freshing and fragrant.
It was a pleasant surprise in the morning.
=)
.
.
.
Breakfast time!!!
Yummy Banana Pancake.
.
.
.

Taken from the Base Camp

.

.

.

Waterfall from the Canopy.

This is something that I have never seen before.

.

.

.

Nice!!!
.
.
.
Ferns watered by the waterfall
.
.
.
7 of them enjoying the waterfall.
.
.
.
SR and myself decided to give it a miss.
I would have joined them if I did not have a wound on my shoulder.
.
Anyway, after the descend, majority of the group did not want to trek to the waterfall, and I was the minority that I wanted to see the waterfall (I even changed into my swimming gear). But to my disappointment, there was no pool for me to swim.
.
So once again, I did the "stunt" of suggesting and not participating again.
haha...
Chandra would find this very familiar. :P
.
.
.
Farmland
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment